If you’ve read through our Teradici Cloud Access Platform quick start guide, you may have discovered that you need the PCoIP Connection Manager to get your PCoIP connections working with the Leostream Connection Broker. We’re here to highlight the steps of the Connection Manager configuration process
1. Install the PCoIP Connection Manager
Teradici can provide the installation package, necessary licenses, and updates for the PCoIP Connection Manager. Be sure to install the Connection Manager on a separate Linux system.
2. Edit the Configuration File
Edit the /etc/ConnectionManager.conf file in the Teradici Connection Manager, as follows:
- Set the SecurityGatewayEnabled parameter to true or false, as needed (see “Configure the Security Gateway” below for more)
- Set the PcoipAddress parameter to your Leostream ConnectionBroker address.
For newer versions using Docker, please follow the documentation found on Teradici's website to configure these settings.
3. Configure the Security Gateway (Optional)
The PCoIP Security Gateway is not required for LAN access, so this part of the configuration is optional. For WAN users, you can set up the PCoIP Security Gateway to allow users to access their remote desktops without a VPN connection.
To do so, first edit the /etc/SecurityGateway.conf file to set the public IP address of your Security Gateway.
If you're using the Docker version, please follow the documentation found on Teradici's website to configure this setting. After applying changes, make sure to restart the Teradici components.
4. Check Your Client Settings
When using a PCoIP zero client with Leostream and the Teradici Cloud Access Platform, make sure that you set the Connection Type on the client to PCoIP Connection Manager. In the Server URI field on the client, enter the https address of the PCoIP Connection Manager – not the Connection Broker address. The same goes for PCoIP soft or mobile clients — enter the address of the PCoIP Connection Manager into the client, not the Broker address.
5. Adjust Timeout Settings
In deployments that offer stopped machines, timeout settings may need to be adjusted to account for the time needed to power on the desktop and verify it's connectivity before allocating it to the end user.
To do this, please consult Teradici documentation for the correct version of your Connection Manager and adjust the following settings based on your needs:
- BrokerMaxAllocateWaitSeconds: The time in seconds to wait for a response from the broker to an allocate resource request before timing out.
- BrokerMaxAuthenticationWaitSeconds: The time in seconds to wait for a response from the broker to an authenticate request before timing out.
- BrokerMaxRespWaitSeconds: The time in seconds to wait for a response from the broker (other than for authenticate or allocate resource responses) before timing out.
Note: If you're using a Load Balancer as the PcoipAddress, please make sure the Load Balancer does not have a lower timeout than what you define in your Connection Manager.
ⓒ Copyright 2022 Leostream Corporation