Leostream Connect can run in replacement of Windows Explorer if the "Run as Shell mode" was selected in the installation process. Sometimes, users will accidentally enable this option and will lose access to the their desktop. To solve this, we will need to uninstall Leostream Connect.
To uninstall Leostream Connect in this environment, follow the below steps:
- Run task manager using CTRL+ALT+DEL
- Select File > New task > cmd + press enter
- Enter the following command: taskkill /f /im leostreamconnect.exe
- Next, type and enter: appwiz.cpl
- The Control Panel should pop up with a list of installed programs. Using this GUI, uninstall Leostream Connect
- Once uninstalled, reboot the machine via cmd: shutdown.exe /f /r /t 0
After a reboot, the desktop should be restored back to normal.
© Copyright 2023 Leostream Corporation