The Connection Broker started using the AWI to manage PCoIP devices as dropped support for the CMI in their zero clients, and then their host cards. Here's a rundown on the Connection Broker releases as we transitioned from CMI to AWI support
- Release 184.108.40.206 includes CMI support and has limited support for the AWI. This is the release that began using the AWI for the management, and it has limited AWI functionality for the AWI support must be enabled on the clients and .
- Release 220.127.116.11 improves the AWI support, and is the last release that also supports the CMI. CMI support is disabled by default. You can enable CMI support by renaming a file on the Connection Broker server.
- Release 18.104.22.168 removed CMI support since it is no longer supported by . devices are supported solely by the AWI.
Here's the recommended upgrade path:
- Connection Broker Release 22.214.171.124 has CMI and AWI support, though CMI support must be enabled manually. To enable it, rename the /home//app/ file to cms_soap.pl.
- Upgrade clients & firmware to version The clients and should have AWI enabled. Both clients and should direct syslog to your Connection Broker.
- Upgrade to Connection Broker to the most current production release.